Data Scientist (Lead)
The company and the challenges :
SameSystem is a SaaS retail workforce management developer headquartered in Denmark. Our solution covers most of the retail operations, activities as planning, budgeting, legal compliance and sales projections and employee activity logging. Since the start of development in 2008 in Copenhagen and up until today, the solution has grown to be used in more than 12000 stores by 600+ retailers in 22 countries and is the most feature-complete and flexible Retail Workforce Solution on the market.
This brings unique challenges to the design team located in Vilnius office which is responsible for both shipping new features, evaluating and transforming the current desktop and mobile app to align with business expectation and development.
About the role:
You will be working on gathering insights from our data and building predictive models, creating insights for our business and clients. You will become part of a team with experts in their field, to support the development of a state-of-the-art machine learning setup, from start to finish. The right canditate in this role will help drive both technical excellence and be a frontrunner for the team to spearhead data driven business and work directly with the product manager to create value for our customers. Tasks includes, but are not limited to, predicting budgets, staffing demands, employee performance and business recommendations to create value for our clients. To achieve this, you will be looking at data derived from our clients such as: Sales, absences, foot traffic, returns, activity effects, weather influence and much more. Gaining insights from a combination of internal data and external factors which lead to increased value for our clients.
Candidate is expected to:
- Have a MSc or higher in mathematics, Computer Science or related field;
- Solid programming skills;
- Strong SQL skillset (mySQL, SQL);
- Hands-on experience with Machine Learning setups & architecture;
- Experience with database architecture design, preferably within areas such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, DynamoDB, MySQL and T-SQL;
- Advanced understanding of modelling;
- Strong ability to understand business requirements;
- Excellent domain knowledge of data science combined with a good understanding of sales analytics;
- At least 3-5 years of experience within data-science or business analytics.
As a person:
- Strong passion for problem solving;
- Proficient in English;
- Communicative and open;
- Enjoy getting involved everywhere in the processes involved when building new features;
- Team player;
- Passionate to meet deadlines.
Nice to have:
- Experience from retail or retail-related businesses;
- Experience working with XGBoost;
- Experience with Airflow application;
- Knowledge of Python;
- Knowledge of BI tools - We use Sisense.
- Flexible working hours;
- Modern Office in PARK TOWN Business Centre (Lvovo str. 105A, 3rd floor);
- Car and bike parking;
- Shower in the office;
- Fresh coffee, snacks, lunch and drinks;
- Gym membership;
- The office gives you plenty of ways to unplug and catch a breath. If are you stuck on a particular difficult case, maybe a game of table tennis is what you need?
- Monthly allocation that can be spend on everything that will improve your work day;
- Business trips to Denmark;
- Conferences in EU - great way to learn something, even better way to have a good time with a team;
- Salary according to your qualifications.