IT System Analyst
Our client - proof IT is looking for a ⚙️ Middle | Senior System Analyst ⚙️ to join the Insurance Solutions team.
Insurance Solutions - their core insurance system is the backbone of the business operations of all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics. It’s used to execute core policy management and processing including finance and customers’ claims management. Their software offers extensive configuration options and can carry out bespoke customization.
Tech stack: Java 11 (upgrade to Java 17 in progress), Groovy (business rules), Oracle DB + Apache Solr, REST and SOLR webservices.
Architecture principles: Component based (GUICE modules/dependency injection), strong component API, plugin based approach for extensions, clean code & clean architecture, extensive test coverage (unit/integration/webservices tests), continuous refactoring.
Major tools: IntelliJ IDEA (IDE), Gradle (build), Bitbucket (git), JIRA (tasks), Bamboo (CI/CD), SonarQube (code quality), Docker (test runtime), Fisheye (source code history), Artifactory (dependency cache, components repository).
- Understand the client’s needs.
- Design conceptual solutions and data models.
- Make sure that requirements are elicited, analyzed, defined and documented effectively.
- Define product vision and improvement road map - recommend solutions or new features based on client’s needs.
- Participate in project estimations and implementation timeline coordination between client and project team.
- Configure modules according to the documentation and ensuring all requirement are met.
- Identify impediments early, escalate and pro-actively participate in solving those.
- Review requirements and validate functionality implemented with team and client.
- Test the outcomes and be a test facilitator with the key business users and process owners.
- 3+ years of experience in the system analysis field.
- Clear understanding and practice of software development life-cycle and which requirement analysis method to use in each case.
- The ability to read code (Java, Groovy, etc.).
- Experience working with SQL, Git and JIRA.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Your strongest traits are initiative, pro-activity, and talent at problem-solving.
- You are fluent in English.
Nice to have:
- The ability to write code (Java, Groovy, etc.).
- Salary in a range of EUR 2500 – 4000 gross per month based on skills and experience for full-time work.
- Health insurance from day one (including dentistry, psychosomatic, and out-patient rehabilitation supplementary programs).
- Work completely remote, on-site from their well-located and modern office, or hybrid.
- Work-life balance: flexible schedule, no overtime, flexible work arrangements - opportunity to discuss reduced hours (30h to 40h work week), compressed workweek and other options.
- You are free to work from abroad for up to 6 months per year (within EU/EEA).
- Professional development supported by participating in training & conferences, access to the internal library of IT and management books, and knowledge-sharing events.
- Participation in team buildings and annual company celebrations, and paid participation in sports events.
- Mobile device purchase expenses and call & data subscription services coverage.
- The referral bonus for referring candidates who become successful new hires.
- Other benefits e.g., vision benefits plan, financial support for significant life events, partly paid study leave.
- Flat hierarchy and job autonomy.
- Efficient and flexible onboarding and mentoring process.