SW Test Framework engineer
About the assignment:
- Malmö/Lund, Sweden
- Rate (after tax)
- Mid-term project (>6 months)
- Expire On
- 2017-12-18 (2 days from now)
SW Test Framework engineer
For our client, we are looking for an SW Test Framework engineer!
You will be responsible for extending our current test framework, written in Python, to include new tests, integration with test hardware (RF boxes, protocol testers etc) within the existing test framework. All testing is performed via Jenkins and the new systems need to seamlessly integrate with the existing system. Some of the test equipment will need to be run on Microsoft Windows in parallel with the current GNU/Linux based systems.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
You will need to have the following skills & experience:
• Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Wireless Communications, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Computer Science, or similar technical field.
• Practical experience from setting up software test methodologies such as unit tests, Blackbox/white-box testing.
• Very experienced in Embedded SW development in parts like (RTOS, drivers, I/O, TCP/IP, memory, power save, system security, etc).
• Willing to influence and drive software tech. solutions.
• Take responsibility (supervise, coach and influencing) of junior engineers.
• Strong analytical skills, eagerness to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Comfortable working in a fast-moving and dynamic environment
• Can take initiatives, strong personal drive.
• Like to work in an environment where you cooperate closely with a diverse team of colleagues, together striving to fulfill common targets.
• Can communicate with people and find it easy to explain your findings and knowledge to others.
• English language skills
• Strong programming skills (Python, C, C++, Java).
• Strong competence in Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Linux, and Windows
• Sound understanding of digital and wireless communications, cellular systems design.
• Worked and developed using methods like agile SW development, continuous integration, and Test-driven development.
• The familiarity of scripting languages like TCL, Bash, and Perl.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
• Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
• Partner/customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
• Creativity/innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
• Collaboration/communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built on mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
• Personal impact/influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
• Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.