SQL Database Administrator
Do you enjoy being surrounded and collaborating with like-minded and talented people who have a passion to innovate? TransUnion provides innovative solutions that help ordinary people and businesses create economic opportunity and personal empowerment for hundreds of millions of people in more than 30 countries. So if you want to join a growing, inspiring and forward thinking business, come, join your new team here at TransUnion Lithuania!
What You'll Bring:
- Implementing and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server Database Servers.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database engine (versions 2012 - 2017).
- SQL replication.
- SQL Server security models.
- SQL backups & restoration.
- Experience with Windows /SQL HA technologies (Always On, clustering, mirroring, log shipping).
- Experience within a service level driven environment.
- Good command of English.
- Exposure to SSIS, SSAS & SSRS an advantage.
- Experience with large databases up to VLDB size.
- Data warehousing.
- IT Service continuity.
- Complex query design, stored procedures, views, triggers.
Impact You'll Make:
Primary purpose for the DBA role will be to ensure databases are secure, recoverable, fit for purpose and perform to agreed standards in both the production and testing environments. Currently DBA team consist of 6 team members and split between two locations Kaunas (LT) and Leeds (UK). We have different SQL technologies from SQL 2008 which we looking to upgrade and you can play role in that process to SQL 2016 with HA and not limited to private cloud but in public cloud as Azure as well.
- Creation of databases. Planning and maintenance of database configuration.
- Management and implementation of database changes.
- Taking responsibility for implementation and enforcement of database security.
- Planning and implementation of backup and recovery requirements.
- Investigating and resolving database and production system errors.
- Ensure all database performance and availability meets agreed SLAs.
- Assist in determining the effectiveness of existing technologies and processes in relation to the SQL implementation, create necessary implementation/migration plans, and recommend new solutions as required.
- Support the operations team in capacity planning, volumetric analysis, execution of database change requests.
- Member of the On-Call support team providing out of hours technical support for major incidents.
- Provide DBA guidance and support to development and operations teams.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for process control/improvements and testing to ensure products/systems are free of flows and function as designed.
- Designs, tests and/or implements products or systems.
- Analyses possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Have exposure to, and the option to become experienced with an array of existing technologies.
- Maintains team process and procedures.
- Provides input into technical design documents/design/ implementation.
- Understands and utilizes best practices to effectively troubleshoot and solve problems.
What you'll get in return:
- Experienced and highly motivated team
- Big focus on project delivery quality
- Health insurance package
- Business/Individual performance-based annual bonuses
- Financial rewards for Azure/AWS certifications
- Well defined career growth path using a matrix of skills needed to move on to the next level
- Dedicated training budget for professional improvement
- Linux Academy, Ministry of Testing, LinkedIn learning zone memberships
- Modern 2500 square meter office in Zalgiris arena with free parking
- Free of charge entry to Zalgiris LKL and Euroleague basketball games in VIP Zalgiris box
- Regular team events such as team buildings, summer/winter parties, sports & retreats
- Opportunity to participate in TransUnion Share purchase plan
- Flexible working and work-life balance
- The salary range for this position is 2200 to 2900 Eur/mon. gross, depending upon experience.
TransUnion is a global information and insights company which provides solutions that help create economic opportunity, great experiences and personal empowerment for hundreds of millions of people in more than 30 countries. We call this Information for Good®.
TransUnion is a leading credit reference agency and we offer specialist services in fraud, identity and risk management, automated decisioning and demographics. We support organisations across a wide variety of sectors including finance, retail, telecommunications, utilities, gaming, government and insurance.
Find out more about our office life: