Senior JAVA Software Engineer
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic has a growing software community building new and innovative solutions for our customers.
This role is an opportunity to join a global software team who are developing software for our warehouse control systems (WCS) within Java EE as part of Dematic’s software portfolio.
- Design and Develop software with Java EE for projects with Dematic standard warehouse control system (Dematic iQ);
- Design and develop software solutions according to Dematic established software standards and procedures;
- Assist project and technical engineers to integrate the more complex software components into Dematic warehouse systems;
- Provide technical support to customers on-site;
- Estimate time to complete of new and existing development tasks;
- Maintain a good relationship with all internal and external customers, through provision of a high-quality service;
- Deliver projects and tasks on time and within budget;
- Work within an Agile environment;
- Lead a value engineering approach to ensure cost efficient solutions are designed that achieve company goals for profit, service and support;
- Attend site during software commissioning phases to ensure that integration testing and site acceptance testing is completed as required.
What We Are Looking For:
To be successful in this role you will have a passion and enthusiasm for software development and in particular Java
You will have:
- Experience in developing applications with Java 8+ (5+ years)
- Experience with RESTful API
- Knowledge of Application Servers (Wildfly)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases (Oracle/MSSQL)
- Experience using version control systems
Desired Technical Competencies
IDE: IntelliJ IDEA
SW Methodologies: Agile / Scrum