Senior Java Engineer in Kaunas
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Its exciting times within Software at Dematic. The business see software as one of the pillars of growth for us over the coming years. Our newly created Global Software Centre of Excellence is leading the way in new use of software and indeed new software, and this role will be at the forefront of this development globally therefore.
The business has now decided that there is opportunity to continue the global growth by setting up and growing a team of high performing software developers in Kaunas.
This team will share the offices of our well established global controls team.
Purpose of the role: To support / lead the development of warehouse management and warehouse control systems for projects undertaken across Europe
Develop software in an Agile environment with Java EE for projects with Dematic standard warehouse control system (Dematic iQ Optimize)
- Translate functional specifications to detailed software solution designs
- Provide support and guidance to other members of the software development teams locally and remote
- Perform reviews of complex customers' standard specifications and other documentation to determine software development requirements
- Assist project and technical engineers to integrate complex software components into Dematic warehouse systems
- Lead a value engineering approach to ensure cost efficient solutions are designed that achieve company goals for profit, service and support
- Maintain a good relationships with all internal and external customers, through provision of a high quality service
What We Are Looking For
To be successful in this highly business critical role you will be a self starting Java Software developer, looking for a fresh challenge within a business where software is becoming increasingly important.
You will have a relevant degree
Substantial Java development experience
The desire to chalenge thinking and the way software is used and developed
A knowledge of application servers: Wildfly and relationsla databases: Oracle and MS SQL
The ability to work as part of a bigger project team
Above all will be a desire to challenge the way Java is used within the business and to put software at the centre of a growing business.