Senior Automation QA
Exadel has been working in the IT market since 1998. For more than 20 years our company has been developing both its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes: from startups to Fortune 500 companies. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia.
We are currently looking for a Senior Automation QA to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. If you have an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d really like to meet you.
About the Customer:
The customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of a Web-based learning management system and a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
About the Project:
The Project is a leading Analytics integration tool. In order to support the initiative, we need to (1) establish a new product data warehouse and (2) supplant custom business intelligence functionality with a more robust toolkit—Looker.
Exadel team will help to accelerate this work. The Customer will transfer eventual ownership to his Application Services team. This will also allow the Observe and Orient team to focus on quickly delivering analytics artifacts and reports to users, which in turn benefits renewals sooner.
- Front-End: React
- Back-End: Node, Go, Scala / Java, Ruby, Docker, and Terraform
- Databases / Persistence: DynamoDB
- Additional Tech Used: Apache Pulsar, K8S (specifically Amazon EKS)
Current Project Stage:
- 3+ years of experience in building and maintenance of automation frameworks
- Significant knowledge in test case design techniques
- Understanding of test framework layers
- Experience with tools for GUI testing (Selenium, Protractor)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with performance testing tools
- Passion for testing and aspiration to deliver high-quality products
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Provide the best quality tests
- Create plans, test scenarios, test cases, and test reports
- Active participation in the software development process, cooperation with programmers, analysts, and administrators
- Develop and improve a set of methodologies, procedures, and tools used in the field of testing
- Execute and monitor results of automated suites within CI infrastructure
- Create technical and utility documentation
- Work with Jira (issues creation/verification)
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
- Flexible work schedule with a good work/life balance;
- Friendly work environment;
- Medical insurance and compensated sick days (up to 30 workdays/year);
- 1 paid social vacation day;
- Interesting projects and the possibility to work with innovative technologies;
- Collaboration with a team full of interesting people;
- Relaxed atmosphere and casual dress code;
- Regular social events with the team;
- Culture of knowledge sharing and a great place to learn from and/or mentor colleagues;
- Training focus with self-learning benefits;
- Delivering high-quality software with processes based on best practices;
- Medical insurance.