QA Engineer | Tia Technology
Are you ready to join a team of professionals that evolves state-of-the-art standard IT solution for the insurance industry? And are you fascinated by standard software development and specifically by Quality Assurance aspects of it? Are you the one making sure QA is integrated in development process from the very early software development stage and the one pushing towards exemplary software quality and reliability? You don't mind which tools or frameworks you need to learn or adopt to make sure right quality level is measured and achieved.
If you answered Yes to majority of it - you might find it interesting and you might match profile we are looking for.
We are looking for Quality Assurance Engineer with international outlook and experience from the IT, InsurTech or FinTech industry for R&D in Lithuania.
About the Job
In R&D Enterprise solutions tribe we work on maintaining and enhancing our existing Tia solution which is standard software solution for insurance business management. In one of our squads we are looking for new colleague to join QA Engineers position. We work driven by Agile principles and follow best Scrum practices. As a QA Engineer you will be responsible for contributing to product quality enhancements, while defining and following best practices in our solutions quality assurance.
Your daily duties could be diverse and comprehensive, such as:
- Test plans, test scenarios, test setup preparation (both manual or automated) for various phases of our development cycle: when developing Tia new enhancements, when working on solution maintenance, or during release hardening phases and similar
- Perform manual and automated testing to verify correctness of functionality, record test progress and results
- Contribute to automated test creation (work closely with automation engineer to define automated test coverage, or even code automated tests using existing frameworks)
- Define and drive best practices within QA, develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Review and contribute to Product documentation
- Research and analyze Product features being tested
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
- Preparing and delivering Tia trainings in your subject area (knowledge sharing with new joiners)
- You understand the difference between bespoke and standard solutions
- You value and have experience of working applying Agile methods
- You have two or more years working experience in software development, preferably in QA area
- Your analytical skills are excellent
- You have work experience in the IT sector and in the insurance or financials sector, and experience with the Tia solution is an absolute plus although not a requirement
- You have knowledge and practical experience with one or more programming languages (or willing to learn more): SQL, PL/SQL, Java
- You have practical experience testing web-services (SOAP, REST)
- You have practical experience working with tools such as (one or more of them, and willing to learn more): Sqldeveloper, SOAPUI, Selenium, Protractor, Postman, Swagger
- As a person you are a team player, outgoing and able to conduct yourself in a professional manner. As a QA Engineer you must have more than a little tact as your job will be to tell other professionals that they've done something wrong and that the program they’ve put time and emotion on, doesn’t work right
- You are flexible and adapt easily to different people, teams, structures
- You have good communication and collaboration skills with colleagues across countries, cultures and languages (both written and verbal)
- You have a relevant graduate degree – at least Bachelor of Science in Computer/Software Engineering degree, or similar high education
- It is a requirement that you are fluent in both written and spoken English
Tia is an international company and you should expect some travelling.
- An international work environment with Scandinavian attitude
- Freedom from an unnecessary bureaucracy
- Agile (Scrum) work ethics
- Flexible working hours
- Remote possibility
- Participating in sports and cultural activities with colleagues
- Individual life and health insurance benefits
- Working with good team spirit in a modern office in the center of Vilnius
- Salary that motivates you
About Tia Technology
Tia Technology is a Danish software house, who since 1996 has developed an award-winning insurance application, that is used by more than 60 insurance companies all over the world. With 140 employees in six countries, Tia Technology is an international player with deep roots in the Nordic insurance industry and an ambition to deliver high quality software, professional services and maintenance. Designed for change and flexibility, the Tia solution enables insurance companies to optimize their current and future business processes as a single, end-to-end integrated, role-oriented system, allowing them to respond effectively to the changing business conditions through outstanding flexibility and scalability. Tia serves as the platform for digitalization and while focusing on core insurance business processes it supports and enables a true omni channel strategy and maximizing customer experience. The Insurance Application has been implemented across four continents where we have served our customers including DNB, Allianz, RSA, Zurich, AxA.
At Tia Technology you will be working in an organization that offers great development opportunities, professionally as well as personally. We offer a multitude of social activities and have an informal way of communicating, while taking care of our tasks with dedication and team spirit. We are an international company with employees that are highly qualified and engaged. We value teamwork, knowledge sharing and innovation which are reflected in how we are organized in matrix teams.
As a Quality Assurance engineer at Tia you will get the opportunity to further deepen and broaden your professional and personal skills.