Principal Software Engineer (.NET)
What We'll Bring:
Do you enjoy being surrounded and collaborating with like-minded and talented people who have a passion to innovate? TransUnion provides innovative solutions that help ordinary people and businesses create economic opportunity and personal empowerment for hundreds of millions of people in more than 30 countries. So if you want to join a growing, inspiring and forward thinking business, come, join your new team here at TransUnion Lithuania!
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of commercial experience of software engineering, including .NET C#, and a passion for software engineering, high standards and the delivery of testable code.
- Demonstrable experience of using a test-driven approach to software engineering, and projects where you have taken the lead in the development of complex systems in a Scrum / Kanban Agile teams.
- Experience of automated tests builds and deployment and a good understanding and competency with release pipelines.
- Experience with relational databases (MSSQL)
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify root cause and permanent resolution
- Team player mentality
- Communication in English, at least equivalent to B1
Nice to have requirements:
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Knowledge of best practices (Design Patterns, SOLID, TDD, DDD, YAGNI, DRY, KISS)
- Knowledge of Entity Framework Core
- Experience with Octopus Deploy, Azure Pipelines, SonarQube, Fortify
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience writing automated tests (unit, integration, functional)
- Good understanding of either: xUnit, NUnit or MSTest
- Ability to write functional tests
- Familiar with Service Fabric
- Continuous improvement mentality
Impact You'll Make:
As a Lead Software Developer in the Decisioning Product team, you’ll be using your knowledge and enthusiasm of modern engineering practices to lead the engineering team technically towards the defined product future state. This will be done whilst ensuring that the live service of the products is protected, and the business is supported through roadmap deliveries. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure high quality consistent coding practises across the Decisioning Product engineering teams and collaborate with Software Architects and Product Owner in providing value to business through complex deliveries.
At TransUnion we have a wide range of technology in play such as Microsoft .Net, Microsoft SQL server, some older technologies that we are refactoring out – constantly improving products for the move to Azure/AWS cloud. Additionally, you will get a chance to work with Restful APIs, OctopusDeploy, Powershell.
What You'll Get:
- Experienced and highly motivated team
- Well defined career growth path using a matrix of skills needed to move on to the next level
- Friendly, informal environment
- People willing to help each other out beyond direct responsibilities
- People-first mentality
- Inner Source communities of practice
- Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology and solutions
- Huge focus on delivery quality
- Health and Life insurance package and performance-based bonuses
- Dedicated training budget for professional improvement events and certifications
- Pluralsight and Linux Academy membership, regular Code Dojos, Linkedin learning zone access
- Opportunity to participate in Zalgiris LKL and Euroleague basketball games in TU VIP Box
- Opportunity to participate in TransUnion Share purchase plan
- Flexible, remote working and work-life balance
- And other common market benefits
- The salary range for this position is €4500– 6000 /mon. gross, depending upon experience.
TransUnion is a global information and insights company which provides solutions that help create economic opportunity, great experiences and personal empowerment for hundreds of millions of people in more than 30 countries. We call this Information for Good®.
TransUnion is a leading credit reference agency and we offer specialist services in fraud, identity and risk management, automated decisioning and demographics. We support organisations across a wide variety of sectors including finance, retail, telecommunications, utilities, gaming, government and insurance.
Find out more about our office life