Point Cloud Data Scientist
Project - Development of industrial drone LiDAR data analysis tool.
You will be working in a start-up dedicated in driving innovation across industries by integrating specialized drone solutions and developing cutting edge drone acquired data analytics. We are a team with a mixed background in engineering, civil aviation, mechatronics, software development and international business. You will find a very creative and dynamic environment, and a multidisciplinary, inspiring team.
We are looking for a level-headed, passionate person with an entrepreneurial mindset.
You will be working with a team to develop an automated lattice tower monitoring system dedicated in maximizing the insights and value of LiDAR data. You will be responsible for designing and developing custom LiDAR data analysis models and algorithms that will be the backbone of the monitoring system.
Knowledge and experience working withdata sets (preferably LiDAR) – interpretation, manipulation, visualization, analysis and modelling and the associated toolsets.
• Knowledge and experience in building algorithms and models to apply to LiDAR data sets (2D and 3D)
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts and experience with applications, including LiDAR data sets.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Able to communicate fluently in English
• Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced startup environment
• Strong teamwork skills and experience in cross-functional team communication and collaboration
• Good programming skills in Python and/or C++
Nice to have
• Experience applying models and algorithms using computer languages
• Knowledge and experience extracting 2D and 3D information from a LiDAR data set and generating CAD mapping
• Experience in working and analyzing airborne collected LiDAR data
• Experience in project work within organizations, preferably projects aimed at innovation, integration of new processes, solutions, systems, etc.
• (Nice to have) Master or PhD thesis in relation to point clouds
• (Nice to have) Master or PhD in mechanical engineering or statistical engineering
• Design, develop and test custom LiDAR data analysis models and algorithms, ready to be integrated
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
• Requirement analysis
• Workflow modelling
• Create informative reports
- Minimum duration of project would have to be around 4 to 6 months with extension possibility.
- The specialist should start out working in Nantes, France for 3 months and then return to Lithuania if desired.
- Company will assist in finding accommodation in Nantes.