Mainframe Software Engineer | Rocket Software
Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of the cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket solutions power the back-end systems that thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, the software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts with 31 offices around the world.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Rocket Software opening a development center in Vilnius and plans to hire more than 200 engineers and programmers in Lithuania in the next 2-3 years.
For this role, Rocket is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our OMEGAMON products development team. The Software Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots, and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies the presence of code problems & bring to attention to senior engineers for resolution;
- Delivers well structured, tested, and documented code within agreed-upon timelines;
- Writes modular, maintainable code with some guidance;
- Makes the right trade-offs to efficiently solve problems;
- Recognizes the impact software changes will have on systems;
- Makes component changes;
- Provides input on designs for software enhancements and new products;
- Understands and complies with provided requirements, translates them into code;
- Understands the principles of hardware to make design decisions;
- Links the work to the external market;
- Builds subject matter expertise within the current product domain;
- Provides reasonably accurate estimates of work;
- Participates in all required meetings and agile ceremonies;
- Keen to provide test coverage to protect against future changes.
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related field;
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, etc. acquired from education and/or experience;
- Experienced engineer in software/systems development;
- 2+ years of experience working as a Mainframe systems programmer or C programmer equivalent;
- Programming skills in any high-level languages like REXX, C/C++ (or assembler), or any scripting languages;
- Time management and prioritization of work;
- Working experience in an Agile environment;
- Fluent in English.
- Experience of debugging tools – IPCS and XDC;
- Knowledge of Java EE, WebSphere, Liberty;
- Experience of system’s programming – install configure z/OS (or subsystem) and SMP/E;
- Experience of being in a development team that has shipped commercial systems software;
- Working experience with Mainframe as a systems programmer – IMS, CICS, MQ, DB2, zOS, zVM, zLinux.
- Languages: HLASM, REXX, JCL;
- User interfaces: z/OS based Emulators;
- Mainframe knowledge: z/OS, zVM, SMP/e, USS, DB2, ISPF, batch processing.
- Private Healthcare;
- 25 days Annual Leave;
- Enhanced Sick Pay Benefit – sickness pay up to 100% covered;
- Subsidized Car Parking – Yellow Zone;
- Career Development & Progression – Udemy, Linkedin learning and interskills available;
- Free Snacks & Drinks/
* Salary range for this position is between €30,000 and €70,000 gross before taxes.
Salary offer for the candidate is determined based on the predefined salary ranges for the position and depends on the level of competence and experience of the candidate
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.