Lead DevOps Engineer (Azure/AWS)
We’re in search of a Lead DevOps Engineer who’s ready to help us move our cloud journey a step forward and improve our customer’s clients experience by building systems that bring our business to new heights.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
Founded in the Netherlands over 180 years ago, the Customer’s Company is a global leader in information services and expert solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. As of 2017, it was recognized by Corporate Knights as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world. It operates in over 150 countries.
About the Project:
The Project involves constructing business-facing apps within the public cloud.
The outputs of the process will include all relevant code and detailed Low Level Design that address the needs of the business. Engineers will work closely with Architecture and Operations to ensure all solutions are seamless transitioned from build to run.
It is necessary to leverage a standard set of enterprise wide artefacts such as Design Patterns and Standards, follow guiding design principles ensuring the develop solutions or technical components deliver GBS strategic intent, whilst meeting the solution requirements providing business value.
Team Composition: 2 DevOps, 1 Scrum Master, 1 Senior Developer, 7 Senior DevOps, 1 Senior Project Manager
Project Phase: Development
Project Duration: Ongoing
● 5+ years of experience in Azure (willingness to grow in AWS cloud) or Experience in AWS (willingness to grow in Azure cloud)
● Experience in Azure DevOps or similar tool
● Experience in Powershell and Python (knowledge of best practices)
● Experience in Azure/AWS tools like Azure PowerShell, Azure CLI, Azure ARM templates, CloudFormation templates, Boto3 (for Python)
● Experience in Git
● Experience in Terraform
● Technical leadership and excellent communication skills
● Strong organizational skills
Nice to have:
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
● Develop best practices for code
● Develop and apply DevOps practices for engineers’ team
● Decide which direction the team should take in development and which DevOps practices to follow
● Develop common approaches for service development
● Working in a team
● Review pull requests
● Present results on Demo
● Provide technical leadership on the project
● Be strategic and tactical
Advantages of working with Exadel:
● Attractive salary — we reward your commitment to our company
● Personal development — we understand that life-long learning is important and support everything that encourages a personal willingness to learn
● Language classes with a native speaker
● Flexible work schedule — a good work-life balance is the most important prerequisite for being creative and productive
● Friendly work environment
● Interesting job in an innovative company with the latest technologies
● Collaboration with a team full of interesting people
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.