Junior Software Engineer (SQL/.NET) in Capital and Treasury IT
Danske Bank Group IT Lithuania (DGITL) is a part of an organization which delivers world-class digital financial solutions to customers. DGITL is newly established IT site operating from the end of 2014 but it is already the fastest growing IT organization in Lithuanian market. We have an understanding that the current change is Technology-driven, and we prioritize IT as a key component for success in our journey to drive digital disruption in the bank.
DGITL teams work with complex tech challenges and develop Danske Bank’s global competitive edge on innovative digital solutions. Teams are driven by job content, share ownership of strategic services, own service strategy and lead improvement. One more important feature – senior leadership is present on site.
About the role:
A career in Danske Bank Group IT is an opportunity to face new challenges in one of the most digitalized financial companies in the Nordic region. Capital & Treasury IT, being responsible for Capital and Liquidity systems, are about 20 people in Denmark and currently 21 in Vilnius. We are continuing to grow our local team and are looking for a Junior or Regular level Software Engineers, who would join a team, working on different changes to existing data-driven solutions. The area is of a high focus, as its outcomes provide direct impact on the Bank’s daily liquidity management and other core financial functions.
Working every day with peers in Vilnius and Copenhagen, your role would be to implement robust solutions, focusing on back-end applications, being built upon a daily data-flow and calculation process.
- Enhancing existing back-end solutions with various new features
- Building the applications with easy maintenance and operations in mind
- Willing to work in agile & collaborative manner – maintaining good communication with Analysts both in IT and Business areas
- Working closely with other developers to ensure development is in par with development guidelines and best practices
- Managing personal time in the best manner and taking responsibility for technical decisions
- Staying pro-active in finding needed optimizations for the daily data-flows and introducing new tools for the ongoing system implementations
- Planning work on a solution element level
- Experience in development using Microsoft SQL Server data platform
- Good understanding of development lifecycle process
- Ability to work both in team and individually
- Good communication skills in English – both written and verbal
Tools and technologies:
- MS SQL Server 2016 – SQL, T-SQL
- SSIS / ETL technologies (would be an advantage)
- At least minimal knowledge of C#.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC
- An inspiring environment in a large IT organization
- A perfect opportunity to join an IT team and face the challenge and the opportunity to influence and shape the team in Vilnius
- Work in an international team, which concentrates on innovative business facing solutions
- An extensive training program to ensure that your skills are maintained and updated on an ongoing basis
- Highly skilled team and career opportunities
- Cross business career opportunities in bank