Join a team of full-stack developers with DevOps mindset to build a state-of-the-art digital commerce platform for more than 70 million end users in the United States of America. Create a digital commerce platform from REST API to databaseas a full-stack developer, using Java 8 and various open source technologies. Work on continuous integration pipeline configuration, deployment optimisation, and writing Unit and Cucumber tests.
The projects leverages Elastic Path Commerce built with widely used Java open source technologies including Spring, OpenJPA, Solr, Drools and Camel. One of the core components, Elastic Path Cortex is patent-pending hypermedia API, allowing developers to assemble resources from multiple business platforms into one unified API. Cortex conforms rigorously to the HATEOAS constraint and Level 3 of the Richardson Maturity Model, making it one of the most advanced APIs on the planet. These technology platforms helped the world’s biggest brands - Google, Symantec, Time Inc, Virgin Media, to name a few.
Priit Liivak, Head of Engineering
“E-commerce has changed significantly in recent years, making it necessary to rethink the architecture of past solutions and approaches. Customers are no longer satisfied with a simple web based e-shop. IoT products, smart watches, Google Home, Amazon Echo have changed the game in e-commerce. To support all these touch points, their interfaces need to be reactive. In US e-commerce projects we use Elastic Path Commerce to build a single coherent API to simplify and improve the customer journey for 70 million end users.
Architecturally, the customer is striving for a goal which makes a lot of sense and I saw many opportunities where I could support our teams to achieve that. The focus on high levels of automation and quality was also very appealing. The customer communication is very open and honest, regardless of multiple stakeholders.”
Do you have what it takes to join us:
- Very good knowledge of Java 8 and Spring (at least 2 years of experience)
- Knowledge of RESTful API, Swagger, Oracle/MySQL, OpenJPA, Redis2
- Understanding the principles of Scrum
- Open-mind, eagerness to learn new things and solutions
- Understanding how your work provides value to the end-customers
- Decent communication skills in English for international teamwork
- Experience in e-commerce and/or telco area would be an advantage
- You can exclusively see the back stages of the most innovative e-commerce solutions in the USA
- A career path based on constant improvement, daily learning, trainings and developing your skills and experiences in various locations
- An opportunity to grow and learn in Nortal’s developer community with +200 global advocates
- You can contribute to the decision-making – the people in charge are in the next room from yours, and the doors are always open
- We strive to retain a cozy atmosphere, even though we are a multinational company with offices around the globe
- We have lunch together, we participate in Nortal’s legendary events, conferences and when the mood strikes, we all get off our benches and go do something exciting