IT Specialist (focused on optimizing operations) in Group Finance Solutions
Group Finance Solutions is one of the Core Banking IT & Data departments, responsible for smooth financial systems and financial data delivery to CFO area – be it daily liquidity management, general ledger system, internal or external financial reporting. We invite you to join a global department – operating in Vilnius, Copenhagen.
In Vilnius we are building data, analytical & BI solutions, used every day inside the bank. The area is of a high focus for driving financial decisions for the whole Danske Bank Group – thus we need to guarantee stability and high quality of the data-driven (ETL) solutions.
Passionate to make life simple by automating complex tasks and changing old school way of doing IT Operations? This is a place for you.
You would be joining our Platform Maintenance Team supporting daily Financial reporting operations with extraordinary attention to End of Month reporting processes. No outages or unresolved problems. We have a vision to change usual way of operations – apply new industry practices, utilize new platforms and change old school way of doing Maintenance and Operations in big IT organisations.
- Work closely with developers and project teams in Copenhagen and Vilnius to assure that mainframe and server infrastructure platform is ready to support financial business processes
- Pro-active towards operational improvements and their technical implementation
- Spot disruptions before they happen. Identify and mitigate risks. Identify reengineering opportunities
- Ability to work on-call during non-working hours
- Diligent person able to handle individual work assignments on his/her own with little guidance and take ownership to get things done
- Curious and willing to learn new things
- Excellent communication skills, stakeholder management
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgements
- Experience in Job executing and Batch running
- Strong technical skills of Job Control Language (JCL) and DB2 is a must
- Knowledge on fixing the Mainframe production application errors
- Development experience in programing languages PL/1 or COBOL would be an added advantage
- IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler(TWS) would be advantage
- Support schedule changes, overrides, and reruns required because of an open production problem
- Experience with C#, Powershell, other scripting or programming languages
- Experience with MS SQL Administration (Basic capabilities and optimisations such as indexes, views, stored procedures), Querying would be an advantage
- Structured, used to plan, own tasks on detailed level and dynamic environment as well as work in close collaboration with business users or specialists in other IT areas
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function.
We care about your well-being and work-life balance, so we offer a whole package of benefits for you in addition!