Big Data Developer
About the assignment:
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Rate (after tax)
- Mid-term project (>6 months)
- Expire On
- 2017-11-20 (1 day from now)
Big Data Developer
For our client, we are looking for a Big Data Developer
Fraud Prevention Solutions, part of the Financial Anti-Crime IT (FACIT) unit, develops, maintains and continuously improves IT solutions that effectively detect and prevent fraud in the business.
Our objectives include mitigating operational risk as well as meeting regulatory requirements and the changing pace is high.
The team is expanding fairly rapidly, and we’re now looking for a Big Data Developer, to deliver on our large Product Backlog.
IT Development in Fraud Prevention Solutions is a fairly broad area, which spans from integration (layer) development over DevOps to Big Data and analytics solutions development. We’re working with some really interesting technologies, at the same time as we cater for using existing solutions and integrating systems. Our Business Stakeholders are highly dependent on the technical solutions that you and your colleagues deliver together.
Right now we’re looking for a Big Data Developer.
We also expect you to:
• Deliver according to quality, Nordea standards and timeliness to successfully fulfill business requirements
• Design, code, document, and test highly effective applications, applying outstanding technical competence to fulfill business and IT requirements, with regards to scalability, functional and non-functional requirements in order to ensure robustness and IT operational stability
• Manage code quality and flexibility of systems as well as incident, problem and change management within own area to ensure maintainability and changeability of systems
• Keep track of the latest development to learn from existing best practices in software development constantly ensuring professional development
• Hand over documentation and relevant knowledge to maintenance and operations enabling stable operations
• Provide technical guidance including mentoring junior staff to improve team performance
• Team up with your colleagues as well as external partners to facilitate agile application development processes to improve quality and time to market
• You read, speak and write English on a professional level.
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent educational background in an area relevant to the job you’re going to do.
• You have spent 3-5 years as a developer, and have experience from Big Data in large and complex areas.
• You know at least Java, but probably a couple of other languages as well.
• Version control with git or svn comes very naturally to you.
• You’re familiar with Linux, and do anything from occasional to frequent shell scripting.
Experience with the following technologies will come in handy:
o Hadoop (HBase, Hive)
o Apache Cascading
o Apache Spark
o Apache Kafka
• You understand that attitude is a matter of choice
• You are or have been working in a Scrum Team.