We are looking for backend engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. You will be part of a team that works closely with some of the most influential companies in the world, designing solutions to power new music experiences both inside and outside of Spotify.
What you’ll do:
● Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
● Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of users.
● Work from our awesome office in Stockholm, Regeringsgatan.
● Drive and practice good engineering practises within your team.
Who you are:
● You are an experienced engineer with extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
● You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java
● You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
● You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
● You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
● You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
● You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer science or similar.
● You have at least 5 years of experience as a backend engineer.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.