This assignment expired 10 months ago
Avaya Network Engineer
Key skills required: VMWare | Cisco | Firewalls
Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Based at Western Union‘s Europe Regional Operating Center in Vilnius, Lithuania, the Avaya Engineer must be able to support a global voice platform. They will be an expert of voice communication systems, protocols, design, network planning, switching architecture, telephony and wiring, platforms and real-time operating system programs is key in this position. The Avaya Engineer provides support for routing and reporting metrics. Must be able to review and analyze call flows, vectors, routing environment, design documentation, operations performance and reporting. Must have the ability to demonstrate breadth of knowledge across multiple areas of information technology. The candidate may be called to be a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology projects or issues.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Plans, designs, documents, and engineer telephony solutions for projects
• Identifies and evaluates new technology for updating equipment, adding capabilities and enhancing existing systems
• Recommends optimal enterprise communication systems solution to meet business needs.
• Performs on-call support
• Works telephony tickets
• Other duties as assigned
What you will need to succeed:
• 6+ years designing or administrating call center environments with demonstrated in-depth Avaya mastery.
• The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a very fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Extensive knowledge of call center environments and routing with specific knowledge and experience with Avaya call center applications and routing
• Nice call recording software and solid understanding of basic networking (Cisco); firewalls; server (Windows); VMWare; SAN (NetApp); and database technologies is a plus
• Oracle SBC design and configuration is a plus
• Enterprise Call center certificates a plus
• A bachelor's degree is preferred
• Strong background in Call Center Engineering and Architecture
• Good interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
• Task Oriented individual with willingness to tackle issues
• Team Player – demonstrates reliability, active participant, shares openly, exhibits flexibility, treats others respectfully
• Take ownership of projects and complete them on time
• Ability to handle multi-tasking and frequently changing priorities
• Familiarity with Cisco Unified Communications Manager is a plus
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.
ADMIN & NETWORK
VMWare 2-3 years
Cisco 2-3 years
Firewalls 2-3 years