Application Developer (CA Clarity PPM or Share Point)
Behalf of our client (AmerisourceBergen) we are looking for an Application Developer with experience in CA Clarity PPM or Share Point. At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient-focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, AmerisourceBergen is united in its responsibility to create healthier futures.
POSITION SUMMARY (What you will be doing):
Individuals within the Application Development role work closely with clients, business analysts, and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the organization’s architectural standards. Application Developers are involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond the development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the application development initiative.
Application Developers have a strong knowledge of programming languages used by the organization. They have experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, database development, testing, and integration methodologies. Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services, and processes are required.
Individuals must be able to adjust to constant business change. Common types of changes include the introduction of new organizations through mergers and acquisitions, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies. These changes require the integration of solutions that can impact the overall system development activity. Application Developers also provide client support, consultation, and subject matter expertise for system development, maintenance, and support. This associate will work on complex, major, or highly visible tasks and projects as a project team member, sometimes as a project lead. They will also work on projects that may span a broad range of applications and support multiple applications. Will have expertise in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans one or more business areas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May participate in project planning processes.
- May identify project tasks and assists with project timeline estimations.
- May participate in the design and development of the database(s) associated with one or more applications.
- May identify technical requirements.
- May create technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements.
- Assists and reviews technical design specifications developed by junior levels.
- Codes applications or enterprise-wide software systems using a disciplined development process.
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
- Develops, executes, and documents unit test plans.
- Supports and/or executes testing efforts across the life cycle.
- Adheres to standards and procedures.
- Reviews modules for quality assurance.
- Checks for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- May assist in defining development guidelines and standards.
- May participate in code reviews for quality assurance.
- May lead the deployment of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Makes modules production-ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
- Accountable for creating release notes, deployment plans, etc
- Participates in creating branching and merging strategies and executes those strategies.
- May present changes to CAB.
- Validates deployment.
- Provides ongoing maintenance of applications.
- May assist in production and On-Call support
- May troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions
- Evaluates existing applications and platform and provides recommendations for improving application performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
- Participates on teams that outline the process and scope out the improvements that can be realized through the application solution.
- May perform automated/load tests and address any issues.
- Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules, test activities/results and other areas such as error handling and backup/recovery procedures.
- Assists in the development of user guides, KB Articles and training documentation for systems.
- Evaluates new application packages and tools and performs research on best practices.
- Provides recommendations for the solutions.
- May prepare and present formal training to IT staff, as needed.
- Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
- Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related fields, or equivalent work experience,
- Minimum of 5 years of application development, programming, and analysis experience,
- Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards
- Exposure to all phases of SDLC,
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions,
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies in a variety of technologies and environments.,
- Advanced programming skills in several programming languages,
- Advanced understanding of relational database design and theory,
- Ability to translate complicated business requirements into multiple solution options and explain the pros/cons of various approaches,
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Orient Design Patterns and use cases for applying them,
- Must have strong experience in latest version of Oracle PL/SQL and MS SQL Server,
- Must have working experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019 Operating Systems,
- Must have strong analytical/logical thinking skills,
- Experience in any of the report writing tools such as SAP Crystal Reports, TIBCO Jaspersoft Reports,
- Working experience in Clarity application integration with other application using Clarity Web Services,
- Working experience in VB .NET, ASP.Net, C#,
- Prior working knowledge in configuration, support, and integration with third-party tools,
- Exposure to brainstorming techniques for effective troubleshooting,
- Experience gathering and writing business requirements, identifying use cases,
- Working experience meeting with end-users to elicit user stories and lead the testing/validation process,
- Proven experience of driving continuous service improvements in Processes.
Nice to have:
- Working experience in CA Clarity PPM and Micro Focus or HP ALM is a big plus,
- Experience working with agile tools and processes as well as in Scrum based Agile development environment,
- Familiarity with SAFe, Lean practices is a plus.
What AmerisourceBergen offers:
- Company offers competitive total rewards compensation. Their commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse, and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.