Senior (+5 years experience)
Firstly about role - I've been working in the same role for all my career (except 1 year being analyst, doing requirement analysis, writing documents - I hate it). So my role was technical consultant, the one who meets a new client, analysis its business processes, prepares (sometimes just configuring, sometimes creating new solutions) our product and deploys it. Then I trian the client how to use it, and support client for some time (right after deployement - 1st level support, then giving that client so our Helpdesk and supporting client only with a more complex requests). And now about myself - I like this type of job, because:
- sometimes I can just sit in office and calmly get into some SQL or even programming code.
- sometimes I can travel, visit clients.
- sometimes I can shut myself from people (it's possible when doing project alone)
- sometimes I can communicate with a lot of people (I love my team, they help me motivate myself and create at least a small corner in my office that reminds me of home).
By the way, I like communicating with people, but not all day long :)
- sometimes I can deploy somethign very simple and call it as a holiday week at work
- sometimes I can create something custom, and try to surprise colleagues with very amazing HAX (or not so amazing, but still HAX :) )
So techniclaly what I hate:
- routine at work
- not having my personal space (we spend WAAAAAY TOO MUCH time at work)
If you are still reading this - welcoem to the end of the story, and have a nice day :)